Demand and Bookings by Departure Date and Route Dashboard
This dashboard shows an airline the search and booking volume from their website by route and day for the next 365 days.
- The first summary bar graph provides a quick glance on the trend of searches and bookings while the graph below plots demand by exact travel dates.
- Each box displays the departure date, the number of searches for this route departing on this date and how the number searches for this route rank against the number of searches for other routes in the airline’s network as a percentile.
- The darker the color, the more demand for a given travel date.
RM Analysts can action the data by:
- Ensure outlying periods have proper RM controls set: Forecasts are updated, OB/DC strategies are adjusted, and availability adjustments are set.
- Cross check the outliers with event data to see if the spikes in looks are due to a particular event in the destination
- Understand any broad trends in the searches to determine if adjustments to overall forecasts are necessary to reflect the underlying demand.
About Demand and Bookings by Departure Date and Route Dashboard
Filter data by date, departure airport, arrival airport, journey type, flight type, fare class, device, site edition, and departure country.
Data visualizations allow for a quick and clear understanding of the data.
Additional information or explanations expressed with the help of information tooltips.
Download datasets and dashboards in different file formats.
Dashboards are updated on a daily basis.
User search data collected directly from the internet booking engine (IBE).
Why Choose Demand and Bookings by Departure Date and Route Dashboard
- Identify outliers: for which routes / departure dates is demand boiling
Possibly pair the search data with Event data (if available)
Use this data to capitalize on or create demand
Optimize pricing to motivate travel for specific dates
Understand demand for network planning
Increase frequencies of existing routes based on the user interest
- Analyze demand for different route categories (flight type, journey type, fare class)
This dashboard is typically used on a daily basis.